Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Funny how things work out

Well I got the call I've sort of been waiting for today. I got called back to work for Monday the 15th, for three months at least. The reason I say sort of been waiting, is that I was hoping to get a call from one of the office positions I've applied for. Right now I do factory work, but I went to school to get my bookkeeping certificate and would love to get into a position where I could use the things I've learned before I lose them. I must say though, it's amazing how things work. First I bought my first home in August; then I got layed of in September; my parents lost their home to a fire in December (bad for them, but because I had bought the house, I had room for them and their living here helped me too); being layed off I was able to spend the month of May in Toronto to watch my brother's pets; now Mom and Dad's house will be finished in a couple of weeks and I got the call today to go back to work Monday. Quite amazing, don't you think? For anyone who doesn't believe everything happens for a reason, I think I'm proof positive!

On another note, my great-niece had her first birthday on Sunday. She is quite the cutie. We got together at my nephew's house to help them celebrate. It was a great afternoon, even though the rain kept us from being outside for most of the party. Here's a few pictures of Cadence and the two cards I made her, (one for my mom to give her, and one from me).

She liked her cake

I think here she is thinking thinking she might be full
And here, she's just saying hello
This is the card I made for her

This is the card I made for Mom to give her.


No comments:

Post a Comment