Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Still kicking

Okay, so it's been awhile since my last post. For some reason I found it so much easier to find things to write about when I was staying in Toronto. Oh well, as I said in the beginning I never intended to keep this blog thing going. Interestingly enough, I find I enjoy the outlet of writing about my daily life.
So I haven't written since August, hmn? What has happened in my life since then? I started guitar lessons in August which I have since had to take a break from until the new year, unfortunately when I start up again it will be like I'm starting all over again as I haven't been keeping up on the practicing either. You see, I've found yet a new passion/obsession...it's beading. It all started with a bracelet I bought as a Christmas present, that was crocheted with wire and beads. I was looking at the bracelet when I got home and thought to myself, "I bet I could do that". Needless to say I am now very good friends with Linda from Odie's Beads here in Renfrew! Not only that, but it didn't take much for my friends Elaine and Jennifer to share my obsession, err, I mean passion. My first project was a watch for myself, but when the girls from work saw it, I ended up making nine more, not to mention the angel and fairy bookmarks! It's great, I'm making the money that I'm spending on beads, selling the creations that I come up with. Here are a few of the watches I've made so far:




Well here's hoping it's not another four months before I manage to post again. I hope everyone had a great Christmas and has a wonderful new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment