Thursday, May 21, 2009

You are NOT here!

Note to self, just because you look at the "you are here" map, (it didn't actually say that, but you get the idea) doesn't mean you should stop paying attention...especially on the way back. Getting lost doesn't seem to be the problem, it's the getting back (I bet you can see where this is going). So today I decided, in my infinite wisdom, to drive to another area of High Park (the dog has had knee problems and can only walk so far), for a change of scenery. This mornings walk went off without a hitch, we walked, we came back. This evening though, was a different story. Keep in mind this park is 399 acres, one third of which remains in a natural state...think bush. I parked the car in the same spot as I did this morning, but decided to venture a little further tonight, oops! Apparently there was a mergence of roads that I failed to notice on the way in, and took the wrong fork on the way back. Lyla and I ended up two roads east of where we wanted to be. On the upside I got to see the Zoo, (yup, the park has a little zoo within it, llama's, bison, yaks, peacocks etc.), which I had been curious about after seeing the sign and a stairway down to a different area. All in all, our 40 minute walk turned into 80, but that's okay, I don't think Lyla is any the worse for wear...me either for that matter. Oh wait, I did twist my ankle when we were two curves in the road away from the car....did I ever mention I'm accident prone. I bet I'm the only person you may have heard of who has sprained both ankles at the same time...but, that's another story! I don't think the ankle is too bad yet, but I should probably get off of here and go put it up...lazyboy here I come. I hope I've entertained you with my adventures. Have a good night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment