Sunday, May 10, 2009

Where everybody doesn't know your name

You know, I've been totally enjoying just being another face in the crowd in Toronto. I don't have to struggle with small talk, (which I'm not good at), if I bump into an acquaintance; I can just run to the store and back without getting sidetracked with chatting with friends I run into, (not that that's a bad thing, but sometimes you just want to run to the store and back); I also don't have the phone ringing off the hook, which it seems to do a lot at home. I guess you don't always want to be "where everybody knows your name" ;). It's hasn't even been a week though, so that might change.
Here are the cards I made yesterday at Scrapbooks by Design:
Our teacher was Christine Urias from www.scraptime.ca, you can catch her podcasts on itunes under the same name. She's an amazing talent, very inspiring. 

I got to use my first Copic markers  and fell in love with them! Five were included in the class and I bought 3 more, woohoo!

On this first card we did some basic colouring of the cupcake with the Copics.


On the next card Christine showed us how to shade by blending different shades of the same colour (I added the party hat after I got home)


Finally, Christine showed us how to blend two different colours together. This technique was a little tricky, well for me anyway, but the effect is pretty cool!

                                                            
 Well, I finally managed to upload some pictures, another challenge I must say. I think I may head over to The Cheese Boutique today, awesome little gourmet shop with all sorts of neat stuff. The month of May the Boutique holds the "Festival of Chefs" every Saturday and Sunday, yesterday was Massimo Capra from Mistura, today is Anne Yarymowich from Frank, should be interesting. Have a great Sunday, oh, and happy Mother's Day to all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment